General Consent Provisions
Throughout your use of our services, you agree and allow PLDT Enterprise to use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To create and nurture a relationship with you. We collect personal information about you when you apply for our products and services so that we can validate your identity and credit history. We use your personal information for billing and the collection of fees for the products and services that you avail from us.
- Getting to know you better. We also collect personal information about you through other activities such as our market research initiatives, when you visit and transact in our stores, when you visit and use our websites and mobile apps and from our subsidiaries, affiliates, and third-party business partners to whom you have given your consent for them to share your information with us. For a list of these partners, please visit http://www.pldt.com/privacy-policy.
- The improvement of our business and operations. We analyze data about how you use our products and services to help us manage your account better, to provide you with customer care activities, to ensure your fair use of our products and services, to monitor the quality and security of our technology, to train our staff, and to plan for our future growth. We do this so that we can continue to provide you with the best experience for the products and services that you avail from us.
- The improvement of our products and services. We analyze how you use our products and services so that we can understand how to improve them for your benefit. Our analysis may include some sensitive information about your usage, such as the general locations and sites that you may frequent. In all cases, we ensure to aggregate and anonymize this information so that you are never identified as an individual.
* Aggregating simply means presenting information in segments or categories like age groups; anonymizing means removing information that can personally identify you from the data.
- Sending you product recommendations, special offers, and promos. From time to time, we will send you offers that we think will interest you. We keep a record of the products and services that you avail from us so that we can gain a better insight of the kinds of offers that would be relevant to you. We also analyze the places where you may have used our products and services and use this information to send you exclusive offers available in locations that you may frequent. We communicate these through channels such as SMS, voice calls, and e-mail. You can choose to unsubscribe from these messages anytime. Just let us know.
- To interact with you on Social Media. We place advertisements about our latest products and promotions on some of the most popular Websites, Social Media, and Search platforms. From time to time, we may share information such as your mobile number, e-mail address, and cookies (from when you visit our websites) with the likes of Facebook and Google, to ensure that advertisements about our special offers are seen by you, as you browse their websites and apps.
- Assisting the Government. We generate statistical insights based on your data and use of our products and services to assist the Government in planning for healthcare, disaster management, and other similar efforts meant for public benefit. When we can, we remove all information that identifies you as an individual to ensure that you remain anonymous.
- Compliance with Republic Act No. 9501 or the Credit Information System Act. We run credit scoring programs and initiatives, which includes providing information to the Credit Information Corporation. In some cases, we may outsource to another company the computation of your credit score. We are currently partnered with Credit Bureau.
- Compliance with other legal and regulatory requirements. We perform other activities and disclose data in cases where we are required to do so for us to comply with government laws, rules, or regulations and with other legal processes and orders.
There are some instances where we may need to share your information to our subsidiaries and affiliates, agents, business partners and other third-party agencies and service providers. We only share your information to enable us to continue providing you with the products and services that you have availed from us, and as part of our regular business operations that allow us to serve you better.
- Our service providers, contractors, professional advisers, and their sub-contractors, who help us provide our products and services to you. For example: our couriers for bill delivery and our customer contact centers for our hotline operations;
- Our Subsidiaries and Affiliates with whom you have also signed-up with. We do so only for the improvement of each other’s business and operations. For example: we share information about your credit standing to facilitate your service applications with them, resulting in faster approvals;
- Other companies to whom you have also given consent for us to share your information with; and
- Law enforcement and government agencies, but only when required by laws and regulations and other lawful orders and processes.
For a list of these partners, please visit http://www.pldt.com/privacy-policy.
We would like you to know that your personal data will be kept in our records for as long as you continue to use our products and services, and for a maximum of one (1) year after.
The Data Privacy Act of 2012 (Republic Act No. 10173) gives you rights in relation to the personal data that we have collected about you, including the right to object to certain ways in which we may use your data, the right to access your data at your request, the right to correct any inaccurate or outdated data about you, and the right to erase or remove your data from our records.
PLDT Enterprise respects your right to privacy, and we commit to take great care in safeguarding your personal data. For more information on your rights and how you may exercise them, please contact our Data Privacy Officer through the contact details provided below:
Joseph Ian G. Gendrano
Makati General Office, Leviste St. Legaspi Village, Makati City
PLDT Enterprise Cookies Notice
What are cookies?
PLDT Enterprise collects anonymous information to help us tailor the website to visitor interests and concerns. We use “cookies” to help us understand which parts of our website are the most popular, where our visitors are going and how much time they spend there. The information that is gathered through cookies is used solely to assist in improving website design and function. This website is functional without the retention of cookies.
Advertising and third party cookies.
Other similar technologies.
In addition to cookies, PLDT Enterprise also uses pixel tags which are small transparent images embedded in a web page or an email. We use pixel tags in connection with cooies to help operate our website and emails. Third parties may also use pixel tags to help compile aggregated statistics and determine the effectiveness of PLDT Enterprise promotional campaigns.
What are your options with cookies?
You may elect to block cookies from this site through your browser settings. PLDT Enterprise strives to protect the transmission of any information submitted by visitors. PLDT Enterprise does not warrant that transmission of data will be completely secured, and any and all submissions are at the visitor’s risk.
For more information on blocking cookies from this site through your browser settings, please click on the link of the browser you are using: